Tuesday, July 26, 2011

it's worth it...

a couple of weeks ago, a bunch of us went to this beautifully secluded lake where i felt like i was in middle earth or something {i get that feeling a lot here}. anyways, the girls all decided to go kayaking and once we settled into the kayaks, kelli led the way under a small footbridge to an even more secluded spot on the lake. while there, we were graced by the presence of a bald eagle... it was absolutely stunning. izzi, crystal, and i paddled closer to get a better look. {totally necessary side note:: izzi and i have a fear of animals and bugs pooping on us... it's a real phobia folks!} so we get as close as possible to this incredibly majestic bird and izzi says -
"i hope it doesn't poop on me...[then to the bird] please don't poop on me!"
then i say, "yeah but it's so beautiful and this is a once in a lifetime opportunity... so if it did poop on you, it would be worth it."
she was a little unsure about it, but somehow the words that came out of my mouth made me think about my walk with Christ {hear me out} ....the gift of God, Jesus Christ, is so beautiful and we get one chance to walk this earth to know Him and make Him known... so if we get "pooped on", so to speak, or "bad things" happen to us, it would be worth it right? crap happens to everyone, it's inevitable but when we get to see the beauty of His majesty, it's all worth it... plus, He promises to work all things together for good to those who love Him - even the crappy stuff, peeps.

"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me;
You will stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my enemies,
and Your right hand will save me.
The Lord will perfect that which concerns me;
Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever;
Do not forsake the works of Your hands."
Psalm 138:7-8


:)

No comments: