Friday, August 3, 2007

early bird with flying colors

As you know, Nic is a musician- meaning he gets to sleep in pretty much every morning (except for those grueling CC Chino Hills Sunday services... ugh...) and I, on the other hand, start the work day at 8am.... and sometimes earlier. Well, today just so happened to be that "sometimes earlier"- I had to be at work by 7:30am... therefore my alarm was set for 6:20am, pretty much an obscene wake-up call for anyone, let alone the musician sleeping beside me. But this morning was different.
At 6:20am, I sleepily find my alarm clock and immediately press the snooze button. To my amazement, the husband next to me greets me with a soft "good morning" and then proceeds to get out of bed to start my shower and then asks what I want for breakfast! Yes! I love my husband! [And, mind you, Nic got home super late last night and has to work a ton today (basically the best example of sacrificial love) mm hmm... anyways....]
With my hair wrapped in a turban of towel, I'm further surprised as Nic hands me a perfect cup of coffee topped with whipped cream... fantastic. As I gather up the last little items to leave, he stops my process to give me a hug and a kiss, and then, of course, "I love you" as I walk out the door.
No wonder I love being married. :)

No comments: