Friday, May 13, 2011

friday finds : books!

i love fridays... not only is it the last day of the work week, but it's also the kick-off-the-weekend day AND i get to go estate sailing! yippee! which brings me to today's finds - old books! not just any old books... i managed to find: an awesome copy of "pride & prejudice" by the wonderful jane austen, a 1950's french course book, and {my favorite find} a first edition of "miracles" by the brilliant c.s. lewis... be still my heart!! now, i know that the gentleman at mystery pier books would tell me that all the "real" value lies in the dust jacket, but i'm still so excited that i have a first-edition-anything from my fave author. maybe it's just me, but i think there's value in that. :) oh, and did i mention it only cost me a dollar?!





p.s. mystery pier books is worth a stop if you're heading to west hollywood anytime soon or if you're looking for a unique gift for an avid reader... it's right behind book soup {another great hollywood haunt} on sunset blvd {just click on 'directions' to find the easiest route from your current location :)}.


View Larger Map

...heading out to an estate sale in costa mesa... wish me luck!

happy friday to all!

No comments: